Garage Addition: Consider a Top Home Remodeling Company
If you have a home without a garage, or need a larger garage, you may be thinking about adding a new garage or doing a garage extension. If so, you’ll appreciate these 9 tips that will help you avoid the pitfalls.
- Decide on the size of the garage: single, double, triple; is to be detached or attached to your house?
- Determine if this is to be a garage addition, garage extension or a brand new garage.
- Will your new garage have rooms above the garage addition for guests, or maybe an office?
- Know the covenants in your area and whether you need to comply with a certain style. Plan on matching your home’s exterior, or at least find out what you must do to comply with your homeowner’s association.
- Know your code restrictions and zoning. This includes knowing how close you can build to the edge of your property. Setbacks and size limitations should be covered in the zoning and code restrictions.
- Know if your land can support another building. The footprint of a garage may be too big for your property or may violate zoning laws.
- Know your garage needs including work areas, electricity, water, and storage areas you’ll need. Will you need heating and cooling? Will you have plumbing? All these things may be vitally important to you but will require permits.
- Find a reputable garage addition contractor or home remodeling contractor. We at Elite Contractors Services are licensed VA, MD and DC contractors and are insured. Therefore, we can help you with all the new garage design and building permits required in your area to build your garage addition. We’re known as the “garage experts” in the home remodeling company circles of Northern Virginia, Washington, DC, and Maryland!
- The most important part is to know how much you’re willing to spend on this project and to then contact a reputable home addition contractor such as Elite Contractors Services. Get a firm price on your project once you have an idea of what you would like done.
As a top home remodeling company servicing cities as diverse as Rockville and Chevy Chase in Maryland or Vienna or Herndon in Virginia, we help customers all the time with quotes and estimates on quality garage remodels and additions. Reach out to us today!