9 Tips to Avoid failure in Garage Addition from a Top Home Addition contractor In Fairfax VA area.
If you have a home without a garage, or need a larger garage, you may be thinking about adding a new garage or doing a garage extension. If so, you’ll appreciate these 9 tips that will help you avoid the pitfalls.
- Decide on the size of the garage: single, double, triple, or it is to be Detached or attached to your house.
- Determine if this is to be a garage addition, garage extension or a brand new garage.
- Will your new garage have rooms above the garage addition for guests, or maybe an office?
- Know the covenants in your area and whether you need to comply with a certain style. Plan on matching your home’s exterior, or at least find out what you must do to comply with your homeowner’s association.
- Know your code restrictions and zoning. This includes knowing how close you can build to the edge of your property. Setbacks and size limitations should be covered in the zoning and code restrictions.
- Know if your land can support another building. The footprint of a garage may be too big for your property or may violate zoning laws.
- Know your garage needs including work areas, electricity, water, and storage areas you’ll need. Will you need heating and cooling? Will you have plumbing? All these things may be vitally important to you but will require permits
- Find a reputable garage addition contractor As Elite Contractors Services who is Licensed VA, MD and DC and insured and they can help you with all the new garage Design and building permits required in your area to build your garage addition.
- The most important part Know how much you’re willing to spend on this project and contact a reputable Home addition contractor as Elite Contractors Services Get a firm price from your Project once you have an idea of what you would like.